Dec 5, 2020

Morning Collages - Week 4

To get caught up, see my adventures in Week 1Week 2, and Week 3, wherein I disclose more about this mysterious creative process.


Another week, another batch of weird collages. This truly is the first thing I do every morning. I sit down at my little desk in the corner of my living room and bring out my tools - my hodge-podge of 'collections' - and make something. I've realized doing this that I love it and want to make bigger art works and eventually have more space in which to deploy my creative mania. But for now, carving out this little window of time for myself to play is just what I need.

Dig in!



Still Breathing 

Ah, what sweet sound the patter of the rain makes on my umbrella.

The world is vibrant and full of quiet mischief.












nostalgia

            narrow understanding of model and muse.



**Creative constraint today: No scissors, just the raw edges of torn paper creating an effect I hadn't forseen...






Simultaneous hybridized possibilities

all churning away in this laser tube 
strength, performance, practices coming together 
to create space
compartmentalized & refracted into 
the wild light of passing time





Traveller
.
.
.
.

on 
.
.
.
.
.
.

Two Roads

**This is one page, back and front, bleeding into each other.













Echoes of No Walls.













I'll leave this last thing here. 


Words from the artist Alison Norlen in Issue No. 115 of BorderCrossings (an art magazine I found out in the wild) that ring true for me:

"Some people can conjure up something that they've imagined in their head. But I don't want to illustrate what's in my head. I want to take whatever's there and negotiate with it as it comes up on the paper. Hence I'm always using things like transfer-echoing to understand my own mark making."


--

No comments:

Post a Comment

POPULAR POSTS